Recognition and Awards
Our innovative programs have won worldwide recognition and numerous awards over the past 40 years.
• The State of Florida Board of Regents has chosen our work as an example of programs that "enrich the lives of the citizens of the state."
• Our projects have received several national "Awards for Educational Excellence" including such recognition from the American College of Cardiology and the American Medical Association.
• Our work has been presented by invitation to The United States Congress and at plenary sessions and workshops of prestigious meetings. These include the Deans of the Association of American Medical Colleges, the Asia Pacific Medical Education Conference, the International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, the National Prevocational Medical Education Forum of Australia, the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American College of Physicians, the American College of Cardiology, the Ottawa International Conference on Education, the Association for Medical Education in Europe, the Association for the Study of Medical Education of the United Kingdom, and the Japan Society for Medical Education.
• The American College of Cardiology Task Force on Teaching recommends Harvey® for training.
• The British Heart Foundation has placed Harvey in nearly all medical schools in the United Kingdom.
• The American Heart Association Southeast Region has adopted our Prehospital and Hospital Advanced Stroke Life Support® courses.
• The U.S. Army has chosen our center to provide training for its Forward Surgical Teams prior to front-line deployment.
• The Florida Dept. of Health has designated the GCRME as the lead statewide center for anti-terrorist and disaster response training.
• Our Center was chosen to prepare the first international Best Evidence Medical Education (BEME) report on simulation.
• The American Board of Internal Medicine uses audio-video presentations of Harvey in its recertification examination.
• The Royal College of Canada uses Harvey in its high-stakes certification examination for internists.